Sunday, November 22, 2009

New Mexico Authors and Guests sign books

On November 14th, New Mexico Romance authors Celeste Bradley, Lydia Parks (yes, that's me), and Amanda McCabe joined out-of-town guests Mary Buckham, Dianna Love, and Serrilyn Kenyon for a book signing at the ABQ Uptown Borders. In case you missed it, I'll share some of my pictures. Granted, the quality of the photos leaves something to be desired, but I'm a writer, not a photographer.

The place was packed, with lots of Sherrilyn Kenyon fans waiting around for hours before we arrived.Her fans are wonderful; some show up in costumes, and they bring gifts for her and lots of books for her to sign. I dream of having such devoted fans.

I had an absolute blast sitting in the first chair at the table. Because Sherrilyn talks to every fan, takes pictures with them, and gives them hugs, the line moved slowly enough for me to talk to everyone. I discovered a bunch of vampire fans, and some that had even read my books. I ended up signing more books than I expected, and Celeste and Amanda did very well. We also had other New Mexico Romance authors around to cheer us on. (Big thank you's to Gabi Stevens, Belle Sloan, and Molly Evans - not shown - as well as all the others who stopped in!)

For me, it was truly inspiring to see how Sherrilyn handled so many adoring fans. I had fun just being there, soaking up all the excitement. Several of us will be signing again in February and May (at least) around town. Be sure to stop in and say hello!

2 comments:

  1. Great pics and summary. Thanks for posting. It sure looked like a great time. Keep us posted on the next dates and places.

    ReplyDelete